Free JavaScript from 
Rainbow Arch

PLEASE REGISTER USING ALL CAPS

as such: FIRST M. LAST

Our avatar is 250x400 in size. Smaller avatars will be removed by a member of the site staff. Please remember to fill out the entire mini profile code, and check the claims before creating a character so no names will be copied.

Add Reply
New Poll

`DIP INTO THE UNKNOWN, TAGGED FOR DINO/BETH
DOMINIC A. ARRINGTON
 Posted: Jan 17 2015, 10:22 PM
121 posts
24 years old
guitarist
© GIGI
and i'm not trying to stop you, love. but if we're gonna do anything we might as well just fuck.

TAG: beth<3
WORDS: 500+
like a rock afloat, sweat and conversations seep into my bones. four walls are not enough. i’ll take a dip into the unknown, unknown.
hope this works, dino http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
His hands were numb, yet somehow this didn’t stop him from strumming, raw fingers churning out a melody on the battered guitar.

Most of his mates were off in their own spheres of existence, and Charlie was working at the posh Italian place a couple of blocks down from their flat. Nothing new. Recently, it seemed the bugger practically lived there, and weekday afternoons were nothing short of a restless bore to Dom. He couldn’t stand being on his own, and silence was quite possibly his greatest nemesis.

So, instead of hanging ‘round the apartment with nothing but his thoughts for company, Dom had set off into the city with a guitar strapped to his back. Before he’d joined The Last of Us, he used to do this quite a lot. Wander about and play for passersby to work up a bit of cash. Of course, this nomadic form of (outdoor) entertainment was generally better-suited to the summer months. Setting up ‘shop’ in Central Park or the underground, where easily-amused tourists would be most likely to sniff him out and listen. When the snow was swirling, they didn’t tend to flock so much. They wanted warmth and on-time trains and steaming cups of coffee.

Still. Today had proved nice enough for a bit of busking. In spite of low temperatures, the sun was shining cheerily in a pale sky. He did a few rounds of the Manhattan area. Played a fucking Taylor Swift song as a request for a thirteen year old. She blasted the track on her phone to give him an idea and he caught up with the chords easily enough. The girl squealed and sang along and had her mum give him a fiver because Oh my god, he’s so good. He was sort of glad she didn’t seem to recognize him from The Last of Us. Much as he enjoyed the attention and validation of a screaming crowd, there was something a shade off-putting about it on the street. Compliments were well and good, but when people tried acting like they knew him personally, it wasn’t exactly the most inviting attribute.

It was around five o’clock now, and Dom was well out of Manhattan by this point. He’d taken a standing-room bus out to Staten Island on a complete whim. Currently, he was a few paces off from a beachside café, leather-clad body hunched over his guitar. Hair strewn into his face like a tangled nest that had been ruffled around quite a bit. Since this morning, he’d smoked through about six cigarettes, and the scent hung heavy around him as he stood, leaned up against a trim building. Eyes wandering towards the café every once in awhile, where a few people had actually dared to sit out of doors.

He didn’t really feel the cold. Just filled the space up with bending chords and thought about trying to pull his friends together and go for a drink a bit later…

Music was his life, and playing on the streets like this was fun and good. But he was always up for something a bit more rash and a great deal more stupid when the sun slipped below the horizon.

dip into the unknown.
PMEmail
^
ANNABETH K. PATEL
 Posted: Jan 22 2015, 10:01 AM
ANNABETH K. PATEL

STATEN ISLAND
34 posts
21 years old
dance instructor
© DINO
Would someone care to classify our broken hearts and twisted minds, so I can. Find someone to rely on and run to them, to them full speed ahead.

your lips a hot flame
kerosene
and i won't say a word

Beth loved the days she had to herself. She loved her daughter with all her heart, but a two year old was a lot of work, and she was only 21 years old, she sometimes needed to blow off some steam. Her life was complicated enough as it was, after being left by the person she thought was the love of her life because of her pregnancy. She had had to give up a lot of of her hopes and dreams, of making it as a professional dancer. Instead she became a dance instructor at a local facility that also helped children from poor families, and it kept them off the streets which was a fulfilling way of life. Yet, when one struggled to make the ends meet, probably not the most ideal job, but Beth loved her dancing and it was something she could not give up on, no matter how hard her situation tended to get.

And it had only gotten harder when she had been diagnosed with leukaemia. Somehow whenever she thought she had been through enough crap in life, it decided she could use a little extra. While the doctors said that with the right treatment she could defeat her enemy, it still weighed down on her like a boulder, and chemotherapy was far from fun. Not that she was ever able to show how she felt, because when Claire was around she had to be big and strong, and at her work she had nobody to let go around either, so Annabeth was constantly pretending that it was fine, that everything was going to be alright, while deep inside she was just as angry and scared as everyone else. And on days like today she managed to blow off some steam, have a walk along the beach to calm her nervous mind.

And it was there that she saw Dominic Arrington, one of the few people she knew who could actually distract her well. He was handsome and a hell lot of fun, so Beth hardly complained each time they hung out together. He was a nice distraction from life, and she needed it. "Hey there, handsome. I'm surprised to see you not jumped by an army of fans yet." The girl said with a grin as she approached his friend and his guitar, her hands dug deep into her pockets to protect them from the cold. She was not very resilient agains the weather anymore these days anyways, but who cared. "So what are you up to hmm?" The dark-haired girl asked with a smile as she sat down besides him, listening to the soft tunes that came from his guitar.

dom. 452 words. outfit. hope this works!. ♥ dino

--------------------
i don't feel the fear of falling
Out of place, out of space & time Wide awake out of papers, I'm Not okay, I am out my mind Outer space, that's where I've been going To a place where Place where nobody knows Floating, at a pace where Now you see me, now you don't
PM
^
DOMINIC A. ARRINGTON
 Posted: Jan 23 2015, 08:12 PM
121 posts
24 years old
guitarist
© GIGI
and i'm not trying to stop you, love. but if we're gonna do anything we might as well just fuck.

TAG: beth!
WORDS: 550+
like a rock afloat, sweat and conversations seep into my bones. four walls are not enough. i’ll take a dip into the unknown, unknown.
:D
Staten Island was an odd little borough. It didn’t boast the same crush of bodies as Manhattan, and it wasn’t nearly as much of a tourist trap—unless you counted the throngs bound for the fucking ferry, of course. There was more of an openness to the air here, and even though Dom was fond of crowds and car horns and cacophonous chatter, there was something kind of cool about the beach.

He wasn’t even paying attention to the chords that stumbled out from taut strings; it was just a bunch of ups and downs that he probably could’ve turned into a song if he was keen on it. Maybe, if he could remember the transition, he’d bring it up to the band later. See if they could get some writing going, again, after their adrenaline-filled year around the world.

His eyes were unseeingly fixed on the café in front of him, when suddenly, a familiar voice cut through his rare moment of reverie. Dom blinked.

“Oi, it’s Bethy!” he exclaimed in recognition, a lopsided grin seizing his frozen face. There was no mistaking that slight frame. That soft olive skin.

“You’d be surprised how easy it is to blend in some days,” he remarked, “’Specially when I haven’t got Addie or Iz ‘round. Two of them are always lapping up the fucking attention!” He laughed, a rough ripple of a noise.

“I’d forgotten you lived out here, love. Otherwise, I would’ve texted. See, nearly all of my friends are off doing their own shite today, so I’ve just been out wandering a bit. Can’t stand an empty flat for long. Drives me fucking maaaad!” He rolled his eyes in his usual, exaggerated fashion, tipping his head back a little as though the mere thought of being on his own was the end of the world.

In a few seconds’ time, he surfaced from his moment of dramatics and looked to his companion rather cheerily. She’d moved into place beside him, her steps exuding a natural grace. “So what’re you up to, eh?” Dom pondered aloud, fingers unconsciously churning out a slowed riff from the Sex Pistols’ God Save the Queen, “Going somewhere, or just out for a stroll?” He slouched into the wall, slowly sinking down against the warn brick until he, too, was hunched into a sitting position. Fuck, the ground wasn’t the most comfortable of perches. He could feel the cold seeping in, like water, through the skin of tight, dark jeans. “Christ!” he huffed, casting the other a sidelong smirk, “Ground’s bloody cold!” From here, he could see that she’d shoved her hands deep into her pockets, no doubt fighting off the chill. It was a wonder, honestly, his own digits hadn’t fallen off from all of their exposure.

Although Dom could be a little crass at times, he liked Beth quite a lot. He didn’t know all of the specifics of her story, but he did know she’d been through far more shit than any one person deserved. Yet, somehow, against all odds, she passed herself off as perfectly well. Dom didn’t pity her situation. He just liked the way she was when she was having a good time. Casting caution to the fucking wind.

dip into the unknown.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

roux RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites Top RP Sites
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
candyland couture we code laughter lines think of you later all my own stunts songs remains the same red light COME TO LIGHT 

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION. pop up mod by BECKY of cc and BLACK.